NPU Student Wins the Special Award in 2015 “New Silk Road” International Industrial Design Competition
The Award Ceremony for 2015”New Silk Road” International Industrial Design Competition was held in Xi’an on November 29, which was hosted by NPU and jointly undertaken by Innovation Design Alliance of China among others.A junior student from NPU Mao Chen won the special award in the contest for his design of “Bean Sprout” Smart Detector.
Altogether 1260 contesting works from over 100 colleges and design agencies were submitted to the competition, covering the objects of vehicles, smart products, household items, stationery, articles for children and the old.
The competition is aimed at publicizing cultural spirit of the Silk Road Initiative, advocating design innovation so as to motivate and give full play to the wisdom and capacity of the students and teachers in colleges and universities, technicians of enterprises and designers of industries, thus propelling the innovation and development of industrial design in manufacturing. It is also intended to build the “New Silk Road---NEW IDEA” International Industrial Design Competition into a mutual butt joint for industrial design with technical support and prospect of industrialization and manufacturing, making it a platform for industrial design agencies from colleges and universities home and abroad, enterprises and society to display and develop, and to learn from and exchange with each other.
More highlights & notices
- Our University Held the Fifth "Corban Festival" Series of Celebration Activities
- Our university was voted as most popular science and engineering universities
- Pauline Dimond, the Australian Teacher in NPU, wins the 2011 Shannxi Friendship Award
- American First Lady Michelle Obama encouraged students from the Middle School Attached to NPU to have the whole world in view
- The Third NPU International Winter Camp Opens